URClearED FINAL DISSEMINATION EVENT (3-4 November 2022)
Six SESAR JU Exploratory Research projects came together in this joint event to present the latest developments in two of the most promising aviation topics: Drones and Artificial Intelligence. INVIRCAT, URClearED, and SAFELAND shared their research activities and results focused on the RPAS integration in the civil air space, while SafeOPS, MAHALO and ARTIMATION presented their ongoing research within the human – AI teaming in aviation framework.
An audience of 75 aviation professionals representing a variety of stakeholders, including SMEs, the industry, academia and decision makers, took part in the conference, which also constituted the final dissemination event for URClearED.
Below, we are glad to share the slides and booklet that supported the event.
Day 1 – RPAS
- RPAS integration: SESAR JU’s vision towards the ATM Master Plan and SRIA (Nil Agacdiken, SESAR Joint Undertaking Project Officer)
- URCleared: a unified integrated Remain Well Clear concept in airspace D-G class (Federico Corraro, CIRA)
- The INVIRCAT project: IFR RPAS control in airports and TMA (Gunnar Schwoch, DLR)
- SAFELAND: enhancing safety in case of single pilot incapacitation, until landing (Aurora De Bortoli Vizioli, Deep Blue and Teemu Joonas Lieb, DLR)
- UAS automation, autonomy, and the missing ring. How to certify highly complex systems in a highly complex environment (Giovanni Di Antonio, ENAC)
Day 2 – AI
- Welcome (Stefano Bonelli, Deep Blue)
- Digitalisation in ATM: will it be Human? (Marc Baumgartner, IFATCA)
- SafeOPS: Evaluating an AI-based Decision Support for Go-around Handling in the Operational Context (Lukas Beller, TUM)
- Empirical results from the MAHALO project: personalized and transparent AI for CD&R (Carl Westin, LiU)
- Algorithm transparency for conflict resolution: the ARTIMATION project (Christophe Hurter, ENAC)
- Closing remarks and next steps for AI related research in ATM (Stefano Bonelli, Deep Blue)
Thanks for coming and joining us!